For your financial aid to appear as an anticipated deferral on your fee bill, the following steps must be completed:
Accept/Decline Financial Aid Package
- Review your financial aid package and accept or decline the aid you were offered via the Student Administration System.
Submit Required Documentation
- Log in to the Student Administration Systemand click on the Items Required/Received link to determine which documents are still required.
Note: Please allow up to 5 to 7 business days for submitted documents to be processed and appear as completed in the Student Administration System.
Complete Loan Documents
- Federal Direct Stafford Loans (Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized)
- If you have accepted a Federal Direct Stafford Loan, and you are a first-time borrower at UConn, you must complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Federal Stafford Loan Entrance Counselingfor the Federal Direct Loan Program.
Note: Please allow up to 1-2 business days for the aid to appear on your fee bill.
- Federal Direct (Parent) PLUS Loan
- If your parent/guardian is taking out a Federal Direct PLUS Loan he/she must complete the Federal Direct PLUS Loan application. First-time parent/guardian borrowers at UConn must also complete a Federal Direct PLUS Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN).
Note: Please allow up to 3-4 business days for the aid to appear on your fee bill.
Send Scholarship Documentation
- Notify the Office of Student Financial Aid Services of any scholarships that you are receiving (either by entering the scholarship on the Financial Aid Action page in the Student Administration System or by submitting a copy of the scholarship documentation to the office).
- Notify the Office of the Bursar of any scholarship you are receiving by requesting a scholarship defermentand faxing proof of your scholarship to (860) 486-5234.