The CEIN/BS Program at the University of Connecticut is considered an accelerated pre-licensure program. Students will receive a bachelor’s degree in Nursing in addition to the post-baccalaureate certificate.
CEIN students who apply for financial aid are offered federal loans for each of the three semesters separately (spring, summer, fall). Students who apply for Private (Alternative) Loans must apply once per semester. Parents who apply for Federal Parent PLUS Loans on behalf of CEIN students must also apply once per semester.
CEIN Class of 2023 Financial Aid Application Process
Students enrolled in CEIN are eligible for undergraduate-level federal loans. CEIN students must complete the following to be considered:
- A 2022-2023 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) prior to the start of Spring 2023 classes
- UConn’s (first time) federal student loan borrowers will need to complete a undergraduate student Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling.
- A loan application – if parents of dependent CEIN student are applying for a Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan.Detailed information on Federal Parent PLUS Loans is available on the Loans for Parents page. Parents will need to complete three separate loan applications: one for each semester (spring, summer, and fall).
- A loan application – if applying for a Private/Alternative Educational Loans more information is available on the Private/Alternative Educational Loans page. Students will need to complete three separate loan applications: one for each semester (spring, summer, and fall).
- A 2023-2024 FAFSA prior to the start of Fall 2023 classes. The application became available on October 1, 2022.
More information about undergraduate student loan options is available on the Loans for Undergraduates
This is the presentation from the CEIN Class of 2023 orientation: Financial Aid and Payment Information 2023 Certificate Entry into Nursing Program