The CEIN/BS Program at the University of Connecticut is considered an accelerated pre-licensure program. Students will receive a bachelor’s degree in Nursing in addition to the post-baccalaureate certificate.
CEIN students who apply for financial aid are offered federal loans for each of the three semesters separately (spring, summer, fall). Students who apply for Private (Alternative) Loans must apply once per semester. Parents who apply for Federal Parent PLUS Loans on behalf of CEIN students must also apply once per semester.
CEIN Class of 2022 Financial Aid Application Process
This is the presentation from the CEIN Class of 2021 orientation: Financial Aid and Payment Information 2021 Certificate into Nursing
CEIN Class of 2023 Financial Aid Application Process
Students enrolled in CEIN are eligible for undergraduate-level federal loans. CEIN students must complete the following to be considered:
- A 2021-2022 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) prior to the start of Spring 2021 classes
- UConn’s (first time) federal student loan borrowers will need to complete a undergraduate student Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling.
- A loan application – if parents of dependent CEIN student are applying for a Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan. Detailed information on Federal Parent PLUS Loans is available on the Loans for Parents page
- A loan application – if applying for a Private/Alternative Educational Loans more information is available on the Private/Alternative Educational Loans page
- A 2022-2023 FAFSA prior to the start of Fall 2022 classes. The application became available on October 1, 2021.
More information about undergraduate student loan options is available on the Loans for Undergraduates page.