The Office of Student Financial Aid Services at the Storrs campus administers financial aid for the Master of Dental Science (MSDS) program students attending the UConn Health Center.
MSDS students who are interested in applying for federal student loans for 2018-2019 will need to complete each of the following action items:
- The 2018-2019 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) via http://fafsa.ed.gov Enter the UConn Storrs school code (001417) on the FAFSA.
- Complete a Graduate Enrollment Information form available here: http://financialaid.uconn.edu/forms/
- Register for a minimum of three credits for the summer/fall period of enrollment and DENT 6000 for each term
- After steps one through three are completed, you will receive an award notification via your UConn email address. You will need to login to the Student Administration System to take action on your aid offer.
- New federal student loan borrowers will need to complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Loan Entrance Counseling on studentloans.gov. List the UConn Storrs school code (001417).
- If you are expecting to receive a refund check for living expenses, it is advisable to sign up for direct deposit. Information on how to sign up is available here: http://bursar.uconn.edu/direct-deposit/
- Important: Fall 2018 financial aid refunds will not pay your summer 2018 fee bill. If you have a summer fee bill balance, you will need to pay your summer fee bill using your fall 2018 refund check funds, or via another payment source.
- When spring term 2019 registration opens, register for a minimum of three credits for the spring period of enrollment (January 1st through June 30th), and DENT 6000.
Master of Dental Science (MSDS) students who are interested in applying for financial aid (Federal Loans or Private (Alternative) Loans) are required to register as follows:
- Minimum of three graduate credits for summer/fall
- Minimum of three graduate credits for spring
- All MSDS students (financial aid applicants as well as non-financial aid applicants) must register for DENT 6000 for each semester (summer, fall, and spring). DENT 6000 represents the clinical/practicum component for the certificate portion of the MSDS program. This registration requirement applies to all MSDS students even when registering for continuous registration.
Masters of Dental Science (MSDS) students are required to register for continuous registration, (GRAD 5998 or 5999) based on their enrollment plans as follows:
- Financial Aid recipients:
- When completing the 3 graduate credit requirement in the summer term students will need to register for continuous registration in the Fall (if not enrolling in a fall course)
- When completing the 3 graduate credit requirement in fall, students will need to register for DENT 6000 only and do not need to register for continuous registration in the summer.
- Must register for the 3 graduate credit requirement; and cannot register for continuous registration in the spring semester (in order to be eligible for spring term financial aid)
- MSDS students who are NOT financial recipients will need to register for continuous registration in the fall and /or spring semesters if not enrolling in any other credit-based graduate coursework for the Master’s degree during that time. Continuous registration is not required in the summer, although DENT 6000 is required.
If you have any questions regarding Financial Aid, please contact Vivian Castelli, Financial Aid Officer at email@example.com, or 860-486-2819.
If you have any questions regarding Registration,please contact Susan Garthwait, Administrative Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 860- 679-2574.