Complete the FAFSA
- Complete the FAFSA at http://www.fafsa.gov
- The FAFSA becomes available on October 1
- Students must complete a FAFSA each academic year
- Enter UConn’s Federal School Code, 001417, on the FAFSA for all campuses
- The FAFSA must be received by the Federal Processor on or before the on-time FAFSA application deadline of February 15th
Be Accepted in a Degree Program at UCONN
Students who are enrolled at the University of Connecticut on a non-degree basis are not eligible for financial aid. Exceptions are made for certain Certificate Programs that meet the requirements to be considered eligible for financial aid.
Meet Eligibility Requirements
In order to be considered for financial assistance at the University of Connecticut, you must meet certain eligibility requirements.
Submit Required Forms
If any additional information is required, it will be indicated in the Student Administration System. Once you’ve logged in, click the View Financial Aid link, then choose the appropriate year.
Provide Verification Documents, If Required
Students who are selected for verification may be required to submit additional documents to our office. More information on verification is available on the verification page.
Access and Review your Financial Aid
Financial aid information is available to students 24 hours a day via the Student Administration System. To access your information, go to http://www.studentadmin.uconn.edu and login with your Student ID and password. Students will access the View Financial Aid link within the Student Administration System to complete the following financial aid tasks:
- Review and/or complete required documentation
- Review and/or update student enrollment status
- Accept or decline financial aid awards
- Report any outside resources of financial aid (i.e., scholarships, etc.)
- Review revised financial aid awards
- Complete required loan documents
To secure your financial aid awards, you need to complete steps 1-6 on the Financial Aid Action Page.
Check Your Email Account Frequently
Correspondence for students is sent to the student’s personal email account. After matriculation correspondence will be sent to your UConn email address at https://google.uconn.edu/. This email account is the University’s official means of communication with students. You are responsible for checking your University email account frequently for information about your financial aid package. Emails from our office may include requests for missing or corrected information.
Complete Loan Processing Requirements
After accepting a loan, you may be required to complete additional documentation for loan processing. This documentation includes the following:
- Federal Direct Stafford Loan Master Promissory Note – First-Time Federal Dierct Stafford Loan borrowers
- Federal Stafford Loan Entrance Counseling – First-Time Stafford Loan borrowers at UConn only
Meet Enrollment Status Requirements
To be considered for most forms of aid, students must be enrolled full time. Additional information regarding enrollment status requirements is available.
Pay the remaining balance of your Fee Bill
You must make arrangements to pay the balance of your Fee Bill. All costs that are not covered by your financial aid package must be paid by these deadlines:
- Fall Semester – August 1
- Spring Semester – January 8
See https://bursar.uconn.edu for more information.
Complete the Title IV Waiver
Charges such as parking, health services or balances from previous semesters cannot be paid by Federal Title IV funds (Financial Aid) without your express authorization. Submitting the Title IV waiver via the Student Administration System indicates that you authorize these charges to be paid from your financial aid.