Determining Payment Types to Students

The majority of payments or transactions made to students are considered scholarship. To ensure compliance with Federal Student Aid regulations and Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 (as amended), most payments or transactions to students must be reported to the Office of Student Financial Aid Services.

Payments that are compensation, prizes or reimbursements for University business are not subject to reporting to Office of Student Financial Aid Services.

Direct Educational Expenses include tuition, university fees, room and board.

By responding to a few questions below, we can help you determine the nature of your payment and the process for requesting or reporting payment.

Determine Payment Type